Business Development Manager
- Job Category: Business Development Manager
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Manchester
ITD Global are a leading global multi-modal freight forwarder & parcel distribution company, with its head office based in Heywood, Manchester.
With offices in China, USA, Netherlands & UK (HQ), we are continuing to grow our sales team with positions available at our Heywood HQ.
At ITD Global, we help to keep businesses all around the world, big and small, operating. We’re one of the UK’s fastest-growing logistics and freight forwarding companies and we’re looking to add ambitious, resilient, and driven individuals to our sales team, so that we can continue to grow, and provide world-class service to all our customers.
The successful candidate will work alongside our operations team in supporting import & Export activity via Air, Sea, Rail & Road.
Reporting to the Freight Director, the primary goal is to introduce our freight offering to existing customers across the different departments of the business. With a primary focus on developing Sea & Airfreight opportunities, managing and developing existing customers in a supportive role, this includes requests and follow-up on any potential new business opportunities and creating awareness of the company’s product and capabilities.
- Prospecting new business opportunities.
- Win new business via telesales and cold calling.
- Proactively develop and maximise revenue opportunities and leads from pre-existing customers, networks, and agents by pursuing undeveloped areas.
- Consistently grow the gross profit and achieve revenue targets.
- Obtain relevant information from customers to complete quotations and supply the best possible solution.
- Keep operational staff & customers fully updated on pending orders that will need to be processed and space secured.
- Report to the Freight Manager with feedback on rates or services required and produce quotations from the system.
- Ensure all quotations and costs are loaded onto the internal system, checking for accuracy.
- Chase up quotations, feeding back information to relevant parties. Follow up on quotes with clients and agents and secure bookings.
- Assist in maintaining rate matrices by liaising closely with the Freight Manager to enable fast and accurate turnaround of quotations.
- Prepare weekly/monthly figures of sales activity.
Your Skills and Requirments
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong Excel, written and verbal skills
- Demonstrate an ability of customer support & solutions through the sales cycle
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Experience of working in a proactive sales role either on the phone or face-face.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch. We’re keen to hear from you.